Our Privacy Promise
- To keep your data safe and private.
- Not to sell your data.
- To give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
Data Protection law will change on 25 May 2018
This notice sets out most of your rights under the new laws. We’ll update it again between now and 25 May 2018 when changes come into effect.
The Information We Collect, How We Collect It, And How We Use It.
We may collect different types of personal and other information based on your use of our products and services.
Some examples include:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you -- including your name, address, and e-mail address;
- BetterPoints Websites’ and Apps’ Usage, Viewing and other Technical Information about your use of our network, services, products or websites.
We collect information in two primary ways:
- You give it to us when you register with or log in to our websites and apps;
- We collect it automatically when you use our mobile app, visit our websites or use any other of our products and services.
We may use the information we collect in a variety of ways, including:
- Providing you with the best user experience possible;
- Providing the services you use, and to respond to your questions;
- Communicating with you regarding service updates, offers, and promotions;
- Delivering customized content that may be of interest to you;
- Addressing network integrity and security issues;
- Investigating, preventing or taking action regarding illegal activities, violations of our Terms of Service, or Acceptable Use Policies.
Online Activity Tracking
We collect information about your activity on BetterPoints websites and apps for a number of purposes using different technologies available through the different platforms.
We use that information to help tailor the content you see on our websites and apps.
BetterPoints may collect information about your computer or mobile device such as your IP address, operating system and browser type, for administrative purposes and to report aggregated anonymised information to our business users. This is statistical data about the browsing actions, recorded activities and patterns of users of the app and services (including yourself), but it will not identify you personally and does not identify any personal details whatsoever, unless you have given explicit consent.
With BetterPoints Products: Subject to applicable legal restrictions, BetterPoints products may share your Personal Information with each other to ensure:
- Your experience is as seamless as possible;
In Other Circumstances: We may provide Personal Information to non-BetterPoints companies or other third parties for purposes such as:
- Companies with whom we have developed an integrated solution and for which you have explicitly opted in to use and share data;
- Partners who have funded Betterpoints Programmes requiring you to share Personal Information and for which you have explicitly opted in to use and share data;
- Complying with court orders and other legal processes;
- To assist with identity verification, and to prevent fraud and identity theft;
- Enforcing our agreements and property rights.
Anonymous & Aggregated Information
- We collect some information on an anonymous basis. We also may anonymize the personal information we collect about you.
- We obtain aggregate data by combining anonymous data that meet certain criteria into groups.
- We may share aggregate or anonymous information in various formats with trusted non-BetterPoints entities, and may work with those entities to do research and provide products and services.
Safeguarding Your Information: Our Policy on Data Protection and Security
- We do not sell your Personal Information to anyone for any purpose without your explicit permission.
- We maintain information about you in our business records while you are a user, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax, or legal purposes.
- We have implemented encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by BetterPoints.
- We require non-BetterPoints companies acting on our behalf to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this Policy. We do not allow them to use such information for any other purpose.
- The data that we collect from you shall not be transferred to or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). All information you provide to BetterPoints is stored on our secure servers.
- You are responsible for keeping confidential the password that you submit to BetterPoints on registration at the website or the app. BetterPoints asks you not to share a password with anyone.
- Once BetterPoints receives your information, it will take operational and technical steps and use security procedures to safeguard and secure it and to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to/from Other Web Sites
Access To Information & Customer Service
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that BetterPoints holds about you. If you want BetterPoints to send you details that it holds about you please write to BetterPoints Ltd, attention: Privacy Officer at Synegis House, 21 Crockhamwell Road, Woodley RG5 3LE, UK. Please note that any request made by you for access to your details may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers BetterPoints’ costs in providing you with the information requested.
BetterPoints is registered in England and Wales No: 7356214. Registered address: The Courtyard, Shoreham Road, Upper Beeding, Steyning, West Sussex, BN44 3TN
Last Updated: 17/03/2018